Thursday, July 20, 2006

Getting Things Done on Ubuntu

I used to blog a lot more, back before we made a successful podcast. For some reason I fell off the wagon - well - not for some reason, actually because I felt I just didn't have the time to do it.


Jackie finally told me that with the new book that I am working on, and the podcast taking off, people were going to start reading my blog again, and that having an 8 month break since the last entry wouldn't look too good. Over the past few days I have revived it in a new form with blogger (more on that in a later note) and I have discovered something, I really like blogging and I have missed it.


Now this is not to say I won't still be doing the podcast and loving it, or working on the book, but the podcast is a partnership (and a damn good one), and the book is a work in progress and has a defined subject and goal. The nice thing about the blog is it is all on me - whatever I want to write about.


One of the subjects I want to explore is getting things done. My own GTD system is a work in progress (and I suspect will be forever) but I already see that it has had a beneficial effect on my life, productivity and stress levels. I will endeavour to explain what and how I use online tools and my laptop (and treo) as a part of the system, with ideas often adapted from 43 folders although the emphasis there tends to be on Mac OS X (Merlin Mann's personal choice of operating environment), while I now favor and use Ubuntu pretty effectively.


As I mention, Ubuntu is the OS I really look forward to using, but it is also a heck of a basis for getting things done, and I will explain more about that as I get into this subject.

4 comments:

Game player said...

I can get Tales Of Pirates gold cheaply,
Yesterday i buy Tales Of Pirates Goldfor my brother.
i hope him like it. i gave Tales Of Pirates money to him as birthday present.
i like the cheap Tales Of Pirates gold very much.
I can get Tibia Gold cheaply.
Yesterday i bought Tibia Platinum for my brother.
i hope him like it. i will give Tibia coins to him
as birthday present. i like the Tibia money very much.
I usually buy tibia gp and keep it in my store.

xuemei said...

I like play online game, I also buy ragnarok online zeny and ro zeny, the ragnarok zeny is very cheap, and use the iro zeny can buy many things, I like cheap zeny, thanks, it is very good.

I like play online game, I also buy rupees and rappelz rupees, the rappelz gold is very cheap, and use the rappelz money can buy many things, I like cheap rappelz rupees, thanks, it is very good.

Adi said...

Get the lates information of Electronics Gadgets Tech gadgets Cool Gadgets New Gadgets Best Gadgets Latest Gadgets Cool New Gadgets

Adi said...

Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa pages. Thank you So much.
Oes Tsetnoc | Semangat Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa